Workshops- Storytelling- Live Music
Since May 2007 Elizabeth has been organising and promoting World and Jazz music events with local artists at various venues in London under 'Nottas Promotions'. She started off with 'Absinthe' music nights at Favela Chic, then at Troubadour, Vibe Bar and LeQuecumbar. From 2009 she started including percussion workshops focused mainly on the Middle East, but has also included Latin percussion. It was through these that she created FRAME DRUMS UK Facebook page.
In September 2011 Elizabeth was involved in the production of Music in Stories 1 CD based on stories from the Middle East adapted by children's author Robina Beckles Willson including traditional instruments from each region. This increased her love for storytelling and made her decide to start up regular storytelling and music events at the Green Note in Camden Town under the name of 'Tellin'Tales'. The first event was in August 2012 with Gavin Boner and guest musicians. The second, was in October 2012 with Sally Pomme Clayton and Akdeniz trio. (see pictures on your right). Last one, for now, was on the 21st April 2013 with Vanessa Woolf and Nigel Hoyle who performed an adaptation of Aztec stories set in Victorian times...
Pictures explained in order of appearance
- 1 and 2, Tellin'Tales with Sally Pomme Clayton and Akdeniz Trio
- 3, 4, 5, Tellin'Tales with Gaving Bonner
- 6, 7, 8, darbuka workshop with Elizabeth Nott in Caracas, Venezuela, summer 2012
- 9, 10, Yshai Afterman frame drum workshop, SOAS, 2011
- 11, 12, Andrea Piccioni frame drum workshop at SOAS 2010
- 13, 14, 15, Elizabeth Nott frame drum and darbuka workshop 2009
- 1, 6, 17, 18, 19, Middle Eastern drumming workshop with Joelle Barker (Arabic percussion) and Fariborz Kianijad (Iranian/kurdish percussion). Guest artists: Attab Haddad (Ud), Marianne Nordic (Nay) and Arash Moradi (Tambur and Setar). Colet House, 2009.
- 20, Body percussion and Latin percussion workshop with Roberto Castillo (Venezuela) at the Bolivar Hall, Grafton Way, London, 13th March 2009.
- 21, 22, a double bill with Greek trio featuring Dimitris Koufogiorgos, Eleni Dimopoulou & Pavlos Melas; John & Jake. Le Quecumbar 2009.
- 23, Guillermo Rozenthuler band, LeQuecumbar, 2009.
- 24, 25, double bill with Trio Shahnaz and Trio Nostos. LeQ, 2009.
- 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 LeQuecumBar 2008 series with Carambita, Chancery Blame and the Gadjo Club, Pocket Caravan and Luzmira Zerpa respectively.
- 31, The Bright Size Gypsies and Chavo at Troubadour, 2010
- 32, The Bright S. G. Troubadour.
- 33, Gadjo Club at Troubadour, 2010.
- 34, four posters of 'Absinthe' and 'I got Rhythm', first Nottas Productions series starting at Favela Chic. 2007-2008.
- 35, 36, 37. First Absinthe at Favela Chic with Depot band, The Wickets and DJ Aidan Love. 2007
- 38, 39. 'I got Rhythm' with Viper's Dream and dancers Simon Selmon & Taina Kortelaine. 2007.
- 40, Nano Stern (Chilean troubadour) at LeQ, 2009.
- 41, 42, Rainy and The Dust plus Milli Moonstone at troubadour, 2010.
- Alejandro Toledo and The Magic Tombolinos at Troubadour 2008.
You can listen to 3 out of 5 Music in Stories 1 here and purchase it by emailing Robina Beckles Willson directly through firstname.lastname@example.org.W